****** DIY chicken feeder pipe! ******

Pics
I used 1 1/2" or 2" pvc for the waterer.

The feeder is 4" triple wall corrugated HDPE (pvc works, but is more expensive and heavier). The connectors are pvc and attached with screws (there is no good adhesive for HDPE to pvc).

True given the weight on the material going through the pipe it would have to be screwed into a structure by fasteners.

I created my feeder using a 6 foot length of waste pipe with a cowling ( intended for poking through the roof of a house ) upturned for the feed bowl...works a treat and holds a months supply for 4 birds.
How the heck do you fill it up? Looks great:)

Thinking of a twist on this....I keep my 50# of feed in totes (WAY easier for me to dump into) I was thinking of using the gravity feeder style plumbed out of the bottom of the totes? Vertical pipe would be considerably shorter (because I am short) - eliminates the need for those expensive top caps........

Is there a reason this would NOT work.....before I go putting holes in perfectly good containers???

It would seem you would still have to go into the coop to feed. I wonder why not a PVC feeder that is attached vertically to the outside then comes in the inside of the coop and dog legs either right or left for either a trough or a drill holed system? That way you can keep them fed, and if you don't want to go in, you don't have to with the exception of occasional clean outs.

Back
Top Bottom