Diy heated waterer

JillZaHulk

Songster
Oct 4, 2019
Western Washington State
Do you think laying a reptile heating pad under the waterer or wrapping it around the waterer would be enough to keep water available thru winter?

Any other inexpensive and rather easy diy heated waterer ideas for ducks?

I'm thinking the light bulb in the cinder block or Terra cota pot might be what we end up doing but I'm looking for other ideas that are low to the ground.

A heated dog bowl with a 2.5 gallon bucket placed in it is what I use during cold seasons. The bottom of the bucket is the perfect fit for the dog bowl. Works well to keep the water from icing over.

Just remember never sit a heated anything with liquid in it inside another container. We had a member whose goose was electrocuted from doing that, from the heated bucket sitting in water the waterfowl had splashed out into the outside container.

Here’s a pic of how I do it. A standard 2-2.5 gallon bucket from a feed store. It sits in the electric dog bowl. I also installed a GFCI protected outlet to plug it into. I do this to increase the water capacity, otherwise the ducks would empty the dish alone within an hour.
E68C15D5-9300-4E09-9C31-6CB905FCA782.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom