DIY Water for Ducklings

Corgiqueen

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2024
I have some ducklings that I’ve recently purchased from an online hatchery. They’re doing great. I have a heat lamp for them, plenty of food, fresh bedding and water. Here’s where I need some help. I’m looking for some DIY ideas for water for them. I’m changing their bedding every other day because they bathe in their water and make a huge mess. Does anyone have any ideas on how to provide the ducklings water without them making a huge mess?!

I put rocks in a gallon chicken waterer so that they can get their bill in, but nothing else. Then I put the water container up on a wooden block, about level with the duckling's neck.

Here is one idea and place this on a broiler pan( thrift store) with a IMG_2627.jpeg pee pad over to protect their feet

return them and get chickens :D:D:D all jokes aside what i do is i take a paint tray with mesh on it. then i drill a hole on the side of the paint tray and attach a small hose hose that run out of the brooder. this helps. but theres no perfect way.. they are messy.

Back
Top Bottom