Diy incubator

So I have 7 more eggs all due to hatch soon, how do I know if they will be breech? What should I do, as soon as they start zipping get them out?

So I have 7 more eggs all due to hatch soon, how do I know if they will be breech? What should I do, as soon as they start zipping get them out?

No!! When they zip, they usually keep their head out, not flip..... That is not usual. It has to have its beak at the opening to make it in the first place, and they usually do not flip like that one did.

When they zip, just keep an eye on them. Zipping usually takes 1/2 hour.

If you get them out early, you will have other things to worry about, like open navels and bleeding.

No!! When they zip, they usually keep their head out, not flip..... That is not usual. It has to have its beak at the opening to make it in the first place, and they usually do not flip like that one did.

When they zip, just keep an eye on them. Zipping usually takes 1/2 hour.

If you get them out early, you will have other things to worry about, like open navels and bleeding.
OK I'm just so scared thier all gonna die at zipping, makes me not even want to look in the incubator anymore,I don't even want to watch them hatch, this is definitely my first and last time ever incubating eggs!

OK I'm just so scared thier all gonna die at zipping, makes me not even want to look in the incubator anymore,I don't even want to watch them hatch, this is definitely my first and last time ever incubating eggs!

:hugs It is highly unlikely!
Don't give up.... My first hatch was a total bust.....

It is very rare to get good results on your first try, and you've done amazing considering where the eggs came from and the bator you're using. :thumbsup

My troubles keep adding up, ever since I had to take dead chick out I cannot regulate temp right, it keeps zooming up to 102 and 104. I catch it and open the lid it goes down for a bit then rises again
1f623.png
1f623.png
1f623.png
1f623.png
I'm destined for alot of sleepless nights I guess...

BantyChooks did your chicks hatch? I keep trying to follow you on the incubating thread but there's so many new ones every minute! What happened with you stuck baby?

My troubles keep adding up, ever since I had to take dead chick out I cannot regulate temp right, it keeps zooming up to 102 and 104. I catch it and open the lid it goes down for a bit then rises again
1f623.png
1f623.png
1f623.png
1f623.png
I'm destined for alot of sleepless nights I guess...

:hugs
BantyChooks did your chicks hatch? I keep trying to follow you on the incubating thread but there's so many new ones every minute! What happened with you stuck baby?

I know, tis crazy! It flipped back around and hatched on its own- thank goodness, I hate assisting.

59.0909090909% hatch rate.... Not the worst, I've ever had, but not the best.

Back
Top Bottom