DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

A link should have been provided for the video also, ya big tease.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Wow, took me half the day to get through all 177 pages! But I got some great ideas, and you all have inspired me to go through my basement and garage to see what I have that I can use to build my chicken tractor.

Also, have decided not to go with the nipples for water, which was my original plan.

Can't wait to get my chickens!!!

thank you for asking, just if someone buys something, but the referral stays connected to your account unless you click on a different referral link -- at least that is my understanding. So if you buy something two weeks later there is a chance she will get the referral money.

Man, the thread has been quiet!!
No pics, but I finally just gave the chickens a hanging head of cabbage. I have none of the screw in corn holders, So I drove a heavy duty chopstick through it, with a bit of end sticking out of the bottom. Then I took cooking twine and tied it to the bottom, ran up to the top, wrapped the top of the chopstick, then back down and around, to make it surround the cabbage head on 3 sides, then just tied it off and hung it from a screw out in the pen. Hopefully the string holds up to the accidental pecks. I will keep an eye on them. All 15 birds eyed it like it was gonna eat them, until I pulled a few leaves loose. Of course Red my Speckeled Sussex was the first to try it out. She is the most curious one.
Might get pics later, but it isn't much of an invention, compared to used the corn screw. :)

Back
Top Bottom