DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

Pics

This is our little pvc chicken tractor. I built it to fit right over my raised gardens so that the chickens can do the weeding and tilling before I plant! Later, I'll put it over the compost pile so they can stir that up as well.
Nice ...how do you get the chickens in there. I would assume since they are fenced in that you have to get them from the coop or run and put them in this pen?

You just gave me an idea...I often think it's such a waste for the diatomaceous earth/clay mix I have to just get mixed with the soil here. I used 1 gal milk jugs for a dust bath for the quail I had, but had no good ideas for the chickens and turkeys til now! I think I can set up a 55 gal drum just like my nesting drum for the turkeys and use it for a dust bath. It stays fairly dry for the brooding hen so I think it would work as a dust bath also! Thanks!

Mark

Glad I could help!

Looks like you have got it all sorted now!

Good luck.

Nice ...how do you get the chickens in there. I would assume since they are fenced in that you have to get them from the coop or run and put them in this pen?
That is a little bit of a downside, since I have to lift the corner and shove them in. I have 2 chickens who will let me do this, though, so it works out okay. Getting them back out is actually a bigger problem!

I put together this waterer with an old kitty litter bucket we had laying around....

I will put it on something a little more attractive when we can find something.
big_smile.png

Just screws on and off, no sealant necessary.

You can find one at Flemming Outdoors.

I made a waterer out of a Home Depot bucket and a low profile toilet ballcock.
[/IMG] you can cut a 3x3 square hole about a half inch above the water level line. They CANNOT poop in it

I can't use it when it's freezing, so I can ONLY use it about 350 days of the year. It don't stay cold very long at all here. Now you definitely can use a aquarium heater, AND wrap your hose or pipes if you need to.

I only have 6 chickens but the chick feeder wasn't keeping up with their appetite so I made a hanging feeder out of a pie plate and a coffee can. The pan is bolted to the can and there are four holes cut into the sides of the can just a little lower than the height of the pan. I saw a five gallon bucket version of this but needed something smaller. I'll probably need to expand the capacity of this feeder by the time I empty another coffee can so I'll probably cut the bottom off of it and duct tape it to the top of the existing feeder.

Back
Top Bottom