DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

Pics
Quote: That sounds like a great idea!
Yes, it does! Will a cork keep it fairly air-tight so the water doesn't come out over the pan?

I just made this w/ a 5-gallon bucket and the lid is SO hard to get off and on. With a cork, you could fill it w/ a hose and leave the lid on all the time.

Thanks for a great idea! Would have used the soap bucket but we have no laundries around here!
smile.png

It doesn't matter if the pan is rubber or metal. I have only tried the metal pan. The are not connected. I think it makes it easier to clean the pan and the jug. I have a feeder with an identical pan and a five gallon bucket sitting in it. They are attached and I like that better that way. I drilled 8 one inch holes at the bottom of the bucket. I drilled a quarter inch hole in the center of both and inserted a carriage bolt with a flat washer, a lock washer and a nut. Doing that on the waterer would create a leaking problem.

Quote: I agree.... I use rubber tubs too Galvanized doesnt last long with my hard water and blazing sun. For What its worth Vinegar is an acid and will corrode metal.... I think someone asked about that....?

Also the reason people use vinegar is an dietary supplement. The apple Cider Vinegar with the mother still in it... (Cloudy) is very beneficial to people and critters.

deb

It doesn't matter if the pan is rubber or metal. I have only tried the metal pan. The are not connected. I think it makes it easier to clean the pan and the jug. I have a feeder with an identical pan and a five gallon bucket sitting in it. They are attached and I like that better that way. I drilled 8 one inch holes at the bottom of the bucket. I drilled a quarter inch hole in the center of both and inserted a carriage bolt with a flat washer, a lock washer and a nut. Doing that on the waterer would create a leaking problem.

Thank you so much! I may try this for a cheap feeder, too. Does the feed ever collect any moisture and cause clumping?
Quote: I agree.... I use rubber tubs too Galvanized doesnt last long with my hard water and blazing sun. For What its worth Vinegar is an acid and will corrode metal.... I think someone asked about that....?

Also the reason people use vinegar is an dietary supplement. The apple Cider Vinegar with the mother still in it... (Cloudy) is very beneficial to people and critters.

deb
Thank you both for the information. How much vinegar do you use with 4-5 gallons of water at a time? What does it do for them?

Back
Top Bottom