DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

Pics
YUS! I agree...MORE DETAILS!! Pretty Please?
bow.gif

I am one of those guys that gets an idea in my head and I just go and do it...no plans....no step by step. But...I will take pics when I prep the second drum for a door and handles. The big key is that plastic drums deform under weight and heat. You have to stabilize the door and the door opening so that they don't warp.

YUS!  I agree...MORE DETAILS!! Pretty Please?  :bow

I am one of those guys that gets an idea in my head and I just go and do it...no plans....no step by step. But...I will take pics when I prep the second drum for a door and handles. The big key is that plastic drums deform under weight and heat. You have to stabilize the door and the door opening so that they don't warp.

My friend is just like you. He has never used plans for anything that he has made at my little farm. He can see it one time and build it. I'm so lucky!

If I show him this he will drool all over the place. That's some great work! :thumbsup

ETA: Fess up. What else ya got over there? :lau ;)

Last edited:
Quote: A.T.
This is a really nice setup. I am in the process of building our first coop and run. I asked my wife to look at this picture and she loves the idea. I had planned to cover the whole run with chicken wire, but like this idea better. One question, does this also keep the chickens in? If my fence was only 5 foot tall then I did this for the roof, do you think they would stay in?

I used an old Rubbermaid bin as a brooder for the first 4 - 5 weeks. After fumbling with cardboard boxes and wire racks as lids for the first week, I put together this simple frame with chicken wire and a piece of pine trim. Now I can see what they are doing and keep them from jumping out. It's also easier to position the brooder lamp according to their temp needs. This pic also shows the 65 cent funnels (Walmart automotive dept) I used to keep them off of the feeders.

Hey I like that idea. The one I made I attached the hardware cloth to the lid with duct tape and it kept coming off. This is a much better idea :) Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom