Dizzy Chick.. stressed?

I know this is an old post, but id like to share as well! =( I also ordered chickens off a site, and one chick came very weak. Was pretty ignorant of me to say that most chicks that always plopped to the side never made it because FOR SURE I was so wrong about that. Anyway, my little barred rock was found in the box with her sisters laying on her side, she for sure didnt look like she was going to make it, but i didnt want to give up. I nursed her for probably 9 hours...since the hour she arrived, and until she finally got up on her two little feet :D i was so surprised and happy. She was still a little week so i quarantined her from her sisters until she was strong enough to hold herself up because she was still falling on her side. My ignorant dad wouldnt listen to me when i specifically asked him not to move her back with the others yet.. He replied with an "ok", but he did otherwise. Moved her with the others..eeverything looked fine, and we all went to bed. At 5am i went to check up on her and she was soundly asleep. At 6am my mom had found her drowned in their waterer. I had no idea how thatd happen, but she probably got thirsty and wanted some water..couldnt support her legs that well yet and plopped head first into the waterer and drowned. I did not see this happen nor did i see her dead little body because my mom had already thrown her in the trash.. =\

This was tiny tim =(
0.jpg

but i'd like to see updates on how that one sick baby chick is doing along with her buddies :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom