Dizzy Chick

Thanks for the replys. I'll give you more info. Poos have been completely normal as was everything else until this morning. She has not been vaccinated. I got her from a local chicken farm where they hatch them mostly. Very clean place. She doesn't live outside yet since she's my only chick. I have a 3 yr old hen plus two Silkie hens that she's been introduced to and they've all been great to her. (I was hoping one of the broody silkies would adopt her...) She's been outside a little with me, in the sun, scratching around in the dirt for brief periods. Yesterday she ate her first little worm and loved it! Since my initial question earlier, I've been with her non stop. I gave her electrolyte water, tried to get her to eat some boiled egg mashed with fresh corn (mashed together) but she only nibbled at it. Seemed to weak to take bites. I put goats milk yogurt on her beak and she did have some bites of that. Also I mixed up sugar water and in the last hour she has drank on her own and scratched out and has eaten some of her food! She's improving! Could it be Mareks? I haven't heard of Newcastle. No mites; clean under wings. No pasty butt either.

Back
Top Bottom