Do All Pekins Look Alike?

jandavis

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 29, 2014
Just out of curiosity....and I'm not new to ducks. Had several families of them over the last six yrs.....I've had two Pekins among the many other varieties of ducks. Sonny walked across the grass instead of coming up the driveway and he limped just slightly from an old injury. Dr. Phil was always chasing Sonny and fighting with him. Dr. Phil wanted the ladies to himself. Dr. Phil had a more pronounced drake tail and hung out most of the time with his sweetheart, Brownie. Sonny's gal was Coco. Now those are ways I could tell my two Pekins apart, but what about when you have several of them? Can you tell them apart? If you name them, can you figure out who is who?
Jan

Just out of curiosity....and I'm not new to ducks. Had several families of them over the last six yrs.....I've had two Pekins among the many other varieties of ducks. Sonny walked across the grass instead of coming up the driveway and he limped just slightly from an old injury. Dr. Phil was always chasing Sonny and fighting with him. Dr. Phil wanted the ladies to himself. Dr. Phil had a more pronounced drake tail and hung out most of the time with his sweetheart, Brownie. Sonny's gal was Coco. Now those are ways I could tell my two Pekins apart, but what about when you have several of them? Can you tell them apart? If you name them, can you figure out who is who?
Jan

You could put numbered bands on their legs of different colors to tell them apart.

Oh Banding. that's a great idea. Especially if they are different colors. Thanks.

Amiga, where do you buy the velcro wraps. That's a great idea. The wraps probably outlive the ducks. I definitely intend on buying some Pekins later on. They are my favorite ducks along with those beautiful mulit-colored gray ones with the white neck bands...they are called Blue something or other. They start out with pink feet and beaks so I named my blue boy Pinky (I thought he was female) and I named the girl Pinky Tutu.

Back
Top Bottom