Do all pullets faces turn red?

I wanted to ask this the other day btw so thank you for making a thread for me hahah. I've always heard about combs and waddles, but my girls have red faces too haha.

I wanted to ask this the other day btw so thank you for making a thread for me hahah. I've always heard about combs and waddles, but my girls have red faces too haha.
Everyone who is laying in my flock have really red faces. And they changed rather quickly. You can see one of them in the last pic. But the three big ones all have black legs and darker skin it seems like

Yes. This is what I was wondering I guess. Do all breeds go red in the face?!

Most breeds, but not all.

Not Silkies, not Ayam Cemanis, not Sumatras (some of those kinds stay black in the face, some get purple instead.)

Pure Ameraucanas should get red faces when they lay, but if they are any kind of a cross it would depend on the other half of the cross.

That's the only time I examine birds, off the roost after dark wearing a headlight.
I.don't.chase.chickens.
Meeee neither.
I'm debating investigating mines hoohahs tonight, maybe. I'm more interested in knowing if any of my loose (no pun intended!) birds are laying rather than the ones in the coop

Most breeds, but not all.

Not Silkies, not Ayam Cemanis, not Sumatras (some of those kinds stay black in the face, some get purple instead.)

Pure Ameraucanas should get red faces when they lay, but if they are any kind of a cross it would depend on the other half of the cross.

Good post.

Back
Top Bottom