Do any of you have multiple coops?

I have chicks on order, and 4 of the chick-n-hutches mentioned below are in the garage unassembled. Oh and the dog kennel is new and hasn't been filled with chickens yet:

Coops:
I have one shed coop, uninsulated
7 ware chick-n-hutches with added wind protection on sides and front using plywood and plexiglass
2 ware rabbit hutches that I use for coops with plexiglass wind protection added
3 regular prefab coops

All my chickies get 100 watt bulbs on when it gets down to freezing (we don't get that much freezing weather here). We have high winds and very constant damp conditions on the hill where my chicken compound is located.

Pens:
I have one very large fenced area
smaller fenced area
dog kennel
59997_img_0425.jpg

59997_img_0380.jpg

59997_img_0424.jpg

59997_img_0428.jpg

I LOVE my chickens! They are a HUGE part of my life.

Quote:
I quarentine for at least 30 days, usually 45. I have 8 coops, only because it's too wet and cold for me to go out and build more.

My husband passed away in July. Didn't get my chicken obsession, but built me lots of coops at the last house and had started a few here. My chickens are divided by breed. He got that I needed them in separate coops and runs.

You can't sell hatching eggs that are supposed to be pure breds unless you have a way to separate either all the breeds or all the roosters. Some do, but people usually catch on they aren't selling quality eggs.

OMG you people are crazzeeeee and i lovee it!!!!
ep.gif

I am sitting here cracking up, 8, 9 coops?? Holeee maroleyy.

I feel like such a wuss!!!
hide.gif

I dragged the old man to Lowes & Home Depot today thinking if I bought a shed it wouldnt be so daunting for him, then he can make it just what I want inside.....
He was still clenching his teeth but Im working on it. They had an 8x12 that I really liked......

6236_600_12818307vvvv.jpg

Here are 1 and 2 of my 4. The other 2 are smaller. I use these for the larger breeder flock. Eggs are gathered on the outside. I love that. The other one is used for baby chicks. Its connected to a dog kennel.

Oh.. I did forget to mention.. I have to still build

6 breeder hoop tractors, 6x10

2 mega coops built on 2 boat trailers for moving around the pasture, 8x16 each

th.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom