Do baby chicks get bored

notsorandom

Chirping
Mar 5, 2018
Im wondering if my girls get bored..they dont have any toys,
20180307_191616.jpg
not even sure if its ok for them to have toys in their cage..i know they enjoy the laser pointer but im wondering if i went to petsmart and got some stuff from the bird aisle would they enjoy that?

hi! new to chickens here, but every few days I introduced something new into their brooder for them to check out. an empty TP roll. a long branch for them to sit on, a pinecone, a small piece of sod from the yard, i'd drop little bugs I found in there too. at 3 weeks I've been putting them out in their run to kick around and then i collect them to come in for night time :) they are so cute exploring new objects!

Im wondering if my girls get bored..they dont have any toys, View attachment 1288162 not even sure if its ok for them to have toys in their cage..i know they enjoy the laser pointer but im wondering if i went to petsmart and got some stuff from the bird aisle would they enjoy that?

If they have a large brooder, they won't get too bored just by running around. Lol. However we always like to add sometype of boredome buster into our brooders. Just a simple mirror against one of the walls is awesome for them.

Mine are a week old and I've just put a mirror with a bell on it in. They were so excited and have been playing with it non stop. I have them on chopped straw bedding and I sprinkle food through their bed so they can scratch for it. When they get a bit older I'll get them some crickets to eat as well. I like to give them some enrichment

My first set of chicks are only 2 weeks old, but I've hung a few old cd's shiny side out from the side of their brooder. They love pecking and banging on the cd's. They're also enjoying hopping around a collection of scrap 2x4 and 2x2's that I placed in their brooder. I slowly change the configuration to give them some variety while they build confidence in hopping around.

Mine are a week old and I've just put a mirror with a bell on it in. They were so excited and have been playing with it non stop. I have them on chopped straw bedding and I sprinkle food through their bed so they can scratch for it. When they get a bit older I'll get them some crickets to eat as well. I like to give them some enrichment
When can they have crickets? Mine are a week give or take a few days ..one is oddly bigger than the other 2 haha

I've just given then some tonight and they are a week and a bit old now. They went absolutely mental over them! I did only give them a few though and I've added extra grit even though its part f their food.

I put a clump of weeds in their brooder for them to play with and peck at all they want. You can also try putting a mirror in their brooder. I heard that they love looking at themselves.

hi! new to chickens here, but every few days I introduced something new into their brooder for them to check out. an empty TP roll. a long branch for them to sit on, a pinecone, a small piece of sod from the yard, i'd drop little bugs I found in there too. at 3 weeks I've been putting them out in their run to kick around and then i collect them to come in for night time :) they are so cute exploring new objects!

Back
Top Bottom