Do cayuga ducks roost?

No need to go buy anything. If you have any firewood laying around, stand one up on end...my Daffy loves jumping up on anything higher than the ground. Stumps, chairs, tables, grills, etc. They will find things to jump up on.
20220825_172707.jpg

20220825_173954.jpg

20220613_164505.jpg

20220613_101724.jpg

Does daffy fly? Or is she just a great jumper
The last two photos are when she had her flight feathers and the first two photos are when she does not after I clipped them.

This was the day I decided we couldn't risk it any longer

3955.jpg

The picture above is from yesterday, she is currently clipped and can hop to the bench and then onto the tabletop. To get down she just jumps and flaps her wings to get a softer landing

Last edited:
The last two photos are when she had her flight feathers and the first two photos are when she does not after I clipped them.

This was the day I decided we couldn't risk it any longer

View attachment 3241434
The picture above is from yesterday, she is currently clipped and can hop to the bench and then onto the tabletop. To get down she just jumps and flaps her wings to get a softer landing
Sorry!! I can't remember accounts really well, you've shown me her before 😅
Daffy is beautiful!! My muscovy ducks seem to be too heavy to jump, so they stay on land. I've tried giving them roosting bards with ramps but they hate it!!

Back
Top Bottom