Do chicken eggs sell?

Our farm is close to Seattle and my wife and I sell to our business clients in West Seattle. $7 a dozen. Our chickens free-range and get organic feed and produce. We selected breeds for a colorful assortment of eggs and cannot keep up with demand. The eggs have golden orange yolks and taste far better than any other egg I've tasted, but I might be biased.

Our farm is close to Seattle and my wife and I sell to our business clients in West Seattle. $7 a dozen. Our chickens free-range and get organic feed and produce. We selected breeds for a colorful assortment of eggs and cannot keep up with demand. The eggs have golden orange yolks and taste far better than any other egg I've tasted, but I might be biased.
Welcome
welcome-byc.gif
We also have a Washington thread for those of us
in our great state. We have a place in Mossyrock past chehalis

I sell mine for $5 a dozen. You can't compare store prices to yours though. Even the ones that say that the chicken eggs are organic, free range..... Yadda yadda.
The yolk in my eggs are orangey and I can never find that anywhere.
I have a list of 8 people and I go down the list and start over again for my eggs. Everyone loves how much better they taste than store bought eggs!

I sell my eggs at a farmers market where I sell my homemade jams & jellies. There are 3 vendors that sell eggs and we all sell out quickly. I have 13 layers & usually bring 8 dozen a week. We;re selling the eggs for $5 a dozen. I recently went to a market in a more upscale area of town & their eggs are $6 a dozen.

BTW, when I've sold out, customers will frequently ask me to hold a dozen eggs for them next week. I only do this if they pay in advance for them. I've had too many folks ask me to hold eggs & then don't show up.
whew! That's high isn't it?? We're in Ohio and all around us sell for 2.50 or so. We were going to do 3 but not sure if wise. What do you think? Our chicks are 9 wks today so we have awhile. Oh yeah, we give 25 cents off if they bring a carton with them. (However. We've been planning and collecting for yrs so we have over 200 cartons of different sizes- lol)

Back
Top Bottom