Do chickens nap?

read deeper: the correlation is that onions contain thiosulfate which is in onions not garlic. LARGE amounts of garlic is not good . Back to the sick bird it really looks like internal parasites most common. check out
Worming Chickens—Medicines and Dosing Information on bac https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/what-is-the-best-de-worming-product-for-chickens.1256590/

no one is talking about onions. GARLIC is ALSO toxic to chickens.

https://avianexoticsvet.com/10-ever...s a chemical called,can cause anemia in birds.

try researching it.

Last edited:
You are welcome. Helping each other is a gigantic part of BYC.
I lost both my Delawares to reproductive issues. It totally drains the joy for a bit.

One other thing.....that roo...Pimp....I think he is at least 3 but likely older. That means the hen may be older as well.

They CAN live really long lives but most don't. Just prepare yourself that for every beginning there will be an end. :hugs

I have an 11 year old bantam that I worry over all the time even though she seems healthy as a horse.

I wanted to let you know that we successfully removed the bumblefoot from Pimps foot today. Took about 15 minutes start to finish. Now it’s time to let it heal and see how he turns out.

I also added ACV with mother and garlic to all their water And gave them eggs with paprika and oregano. We are having good weather this week so I’m hoping to see Gloria be on the mend as well. She has perked up quite a bit. Her poop isn’t watery as it used to be, it looks like mashed poop. I’m treating the whole flock with the ACV and garlic. I think when I change their water tomorrow I will only put in the ACV and offer them fresh minced garlic as free choice. I’ve been able to hand feed half of the girls and they come a runnin’ when they see anything in my hand.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the help. ❤️

I wanted to let you know that we successfully removed the bumblefoot from Pimps foot today. Took about 15 minutes start to finish. Now it’s time to let it heal and see how he turns out.

I also added ACV with mother and garlic to all their water And gave them eggs with paprika and oregano. We are having good weather this week so I’m hoping to see Gloria be on the mend as well. She has perked up quite a bit. Her poop isn’t watery as it used to be, it looks like mashed poop. I’m treating the whole flock with the ACV and garlic. I think when I change their water tomorrow I will only put in the ACV and offer them fresh minced garlic as free choice. I’ve been able to hand feed half of the girls and they come a runnin’ when they see anything in my hand.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the help. ❤

Thanks for the update. I had been fearing the worst.

The ACV.....it can make some birds not drink enough water. Maybe just do it a couple days a week if at all. I would skip the garlic altogether as I keep reading it can be toxic to birds.....no good studies to be found on chickens though.

I am relieved you are seeing improvement.

19 out of 20 websites by VETS also say garlic is toxic. I'm sorry but google is a search engine not a VET just because you googled it and came up with one link Don't mean you are right.
your research is flawed because "VET websites" you know the ones that have a license say it is toxic to them are more trustworthy than your link. sorry but i stick with what the VETS say that it is TOXIC...

My doctor says I'm allergic to shrimp, but some randy says I can still eat it. sorry randy you are not a doctor :p

I just wanted to say thank you for all the help. ❤
I'd skip all the herbs and spices...good chicken ration and plain water is best.
Definitely go easy on the garlic, it can cause anemia.

Back
Top Bottom