Do chicks like the color red?

My3ChicksMBD

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 30, 2013
Hello!!! I have three chicks and today I had one outside with me. I had on a red shirt and the chick flew onto me. I also had her face me and do it more :3 Does she like red, do you think? Yesterday, she also got on my moms feet and then got up her legs and my mom had one red. Do chicks like red? Thanks so much!!! Just wondering :)

Hello!!! I have three chicks and today I had one outside with me. I had on a red shirt and the chick flew onto me. I also had her face me and do it more :3 Does she like red, do you think? Yesterday, she also got on my moms feet and then got up her legs and my mom had one red. Do chicks like red? Thanks so much!!! Just wondering
smile.png

Chickens are often attracted to the colour red. That's why a bird with a bleeding wound should be separated from the others, because they will peck it and make it worse.

Then again, they peck just about anything colourful and shiny....
smile.png

Chickens are often attracted to the colour red. That's why a bird with a bleeding wound should be separated from the others...
I'll second that. I also should add that when their Irish is up a rooster may try to fight the spinning knives of a red frail mower as well as attack a red lawn mower. I call that being attracted to the color red. However, I have never seen the same rooster flog a frail mower more than one time. I should also add that the mower was victorious every time.

This attraction to red is also why the little spot on chicken wateriers that the bird must peck to get a drink are all red, just thought you would want to know.

Last edited:
Try this little experiment.  Paint one fingernail red and the other 4 (?) blue.  Then see which finger nail your chicks peck or display interest in.
Omg haha!!!! Love this idea! And I like how there is a question mark after other four. Haha :) yes I do have five fingers. :3 lol thank you so much!!

Back
Top Bottom