Do chicks tend to hatch at a certain time of day?

lazyoranch

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 18, 2010
Pleasant Hill
Just wondering. I am hatching for the first time. Have 4 eggs in the incubator. One pipped this morning. I think I just heard it cheeping when I cheeped at it! I was just wondering if more hatch in a.m. hours than p.m. hours. If this little one pipped this morning, when should it hatch? Thanks so much for all of the help!

I doubt anyone has done a study on this but mine hatched all day from early morning to late night. (I had none hatch during dark hours.../night+lights off) not sure if that was a coincidence or not- and I've only done one hatch.

I ususally set my eggs in the late afternoon, and over the years I got hatches during the day and night hours. This year I tried a few sets in the morning and most of my hatches have been in the daylight. Not all, and thus it doesn't seem to be consistent. This is for pheasant and turkey. I too, wonder if there is a method to time hatches. But then again, many factors determine a hatch and when the chick is ready, it's ready!

Since they will hatch on day 21 give or take a little....so I time mine now do that day 21 begins early in the day. I hatch for school and this has worked out the best for allowing the kids to watch. Before, I was setting in the afternoon and they would hatch overnight.

Did the eggs you set in the afternoons hatch overnight on the night before the daylight hours of Day 21 or overnight on the night after the daylight hours of Day 21?

Clare

LOL! Murphy's Chicken Law! hahaha
I have one due to hatch soon. I hope it hatches tomorrow- I have appointments Thursday & Friday & don't want to miss a second of the pip/zip/hatch!

Back
Top Bottom