do duck eggs fit in the NR360 turner?

junior67

Free Ranging
Jan 29, 2021
MA
do duck eggs fit in the NR360 turner that it comes with or do you need a turner made for duck eggs for them to turn properly? The guy I hatched for asked if I wanted to try incubating duck eggs next. Also anything different you do to incubate duck eggs? I know depending on breed they can take 28 days to hatch. But is humidity higher? anything else I need to do?

There is an etsy shop I like that makes a turner meant for duck eggs.

@Overo Mare can probably help with the incubation questions
what is the name of the ETSY shop? I did order the dividers from someone and was really happy with them but like to know I am ordering from someone that is good. I also don't have ducks so don't want to order a turner to hatch for someone else. I mean if he wants to then I am all for it.

Oh and they are Pekin

Everything is the same except for time IME. I dry hatch at around 25-30% humidity and then go up to 65ish at lock-down. I just *go by air cell size and adjust my humidity based on that.

Last edited:
Gosh, the slots are so big on the normal NR turner I’m surprised you’d need a different one for **** eggs! What does the manual say do you know?

Very fun though that you get to hatch some ducks. I was super close to getting some eggs this weekend but got outbid… hopefully soon 🤞🏼

Gosh, the slots are so big on the normal NR turner I’m surprised you’d need a different one for **** eggs! What does the manual say do you know?

Very fun though that you get to hatch some ducks. I was super close to getting some eggs this weekend but got outbid… hopefully soon 🤞🏼
I read Pekin duck eggs are pretty big. My daughter wants ducks but nope I am not doing them. So would be fun to hatch some and have them for a couple days then send them to their home. Lol. Guess I see if he wants to buy the bigger slot turner or not ..

Back
Top Bottom