Do duck eggs taste like chicken eggs?

I disagree VERY strongly about duck eggs being "horrible for frying"... they are WONDERFUL for frying!  As long as my Muscovies are laying ( currently 6 to 9 eggs every day) I will not touch a chicken egg.  Duck eggs have a richer flavor than chicken eggs.  GREAT hard boiled, great for baking, make  terriffic quiche and omelets, and absolutely delicious as fried egg sandwiches!!  I love duck eggs, and I have always disliked chicken eggs.  Now, my local Krogers sometimes has a coupon for free eggs ( chicken), so we keep the carton and feed the chicken eggs to the dog.
I think it has to do with how people fry it. They don't have as much water as chicken eggs, so if overdone, can come out rubbery.

I agree that frying duck eggs is delightful! We make BLTS all the time and oh my lordy bagordy, they are amazing with a fried duck egg on top. The only application we've hated duck eggs in is deviled eggs--the divets to put filling didn't sit well and it was just a catastrophic mess. How long are you supposed to hard boil them?

We don't really find that much of a difference between duck and chicken eggs regarding taste. Duck eggs do have bigger yolks. I have tried them fried, poached, scrambled, deviled and made into egg salad. All of them were great.

Does the taste depend on the type of duck? Because I have two baby Golden 300 ducks. It's like a new breed they created especially for laying.

Back
Top Bottom