Do ducklings need company???

Thanks a lot guys...... haven't got anything yet, just seeing if this little egg will hatch first, it was due yesterday so crossing my fingers and hoping hard while I keep looking for some mates for it...
Thanks again.
Have you candled the egg today to see if it has internally pipped?

Thanks I will candle shortly..... if their is no sign in it hatching should I keep waiting or do you intervene. I know it's best not to intervene to early with chicks but what about with ducky's?

So if it is alive it should be able to internally pip ? even if it is stuck in the shell, etc. Thanks.

Last edited:
Nope...not internally pipped.... should I be worried???

How long have you been incubating it exactly now? 28 days is just a ballpark, some hatch a little early, some a little late.

What did you see when you candled it? Was it all dark inside except for the air cell at the top of the egg? Could you still see red blood vessels? Did you see movement of the giant dark mass (which is the duckling) around the edge of the air cell?

How long have you been incubating it exactly now? 28 days is just a ballpark, some hatch a little early, some a little late.

What did you see when you candled it? Was it all dark inside except for the air cell at the top of the egg? Could you still see red blood vessels? Did you see movement of the giant dark mass (which is the duckling) around the edge of the air cell?
Good questions..
caf.gif

It has been incubating for nearly 30 days.... pretty sure it's a wood duck egg...but not certain.
Yep, it was all dark apart from the air cell. I could only see two blood vessels and thought I saw slight movement. I haven't candled it again but no sign of hatching from the outside of the egg.
Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom