Do ducks have abstract feelings?

ow this is a really silly question, but I'm asking you for your opinion on this question. Do ducks have abstract feelings such as love, sorrow, humor, etc? I have 8 ducks, and I just wanna kno

I like to think so, Given that geese and ducks can(Rarely) die of depression due to the loss of a mate as well as just mourning the loss of there friend. That's a good enough reason for me to think they have feelings.

Several years ago I happened to be judging a field trial in RI. On the way to the club on the exit ramp there was a road killed goose. Standing by her side was the gander. He was there for 4 days - on the fifth day he was gone. Not to anthropomorphize , but they do have feelings.

Several years ago I happened to be judging a field trial in RI. On the way to the club on the exit ramp there was a road killed goose. Standing by her side was the gander. He was there for 4 days - on the fifth day he was gone. Not to anthropomorphize , but they do have feelings.
Oh...my...gosh 🥺😭 That is so sad!!

Hi guys, I know this is a really silly question, but I'm asking you for your opinion on this question. Do ducks have abstract feelings such as love, sorrow, humor, etc? I have 8 ducks, and I just wanna know your opinion. Thanks!:pop
Hi,
I think they do have feelings. I have 2female ducks and they’re both 2/5 years old. One of them had rectal prolapse a few months ago it was so bad that she had to go under anesthesia and have surgery and it was midnight, my other duck(cookie) was at home. The day after I had my neighbors complaining about how my duck was quacking all night, While she is silent all the time, she was worried about her sister. Also I’ve been told to separate them after surgery but Cookie wouldn’t stop quacking till I let her in my room with her sister and she stopped! She treated her so gently, she also brought her food from the feeder! 🥰 It was one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen
I’ve witnessed so many sweet moments like this of them😊

Hi guys, I know this is a really silly question, but I'm asking you for your opinion on this question. Do ducks have abstract feelings such as love, sorrow, humor, etc? I have 8 ducks, and I just wanna know your opinion. Thanks!:pop
I think of my ducks as a collective intelligence and I think they have collective feelings as well. You can see one duck get alarmed but if the others don’t join, it quickly dies out. And when they get excited as a group you can see them feeding off each other. It’s fascinating

Back
Top Bottom