do ducks sleep the entire night?

I know this is an old thread but I bring my ducks into their quack crate at dusk (cause I lost one to a coon attack) into my basement. Once the 5 are tucked in they are quiet until daybreak. I have 3 hens and 2 drakes. ...all are different breeds. Just wanted to put it out there that my ducks sleep through the night....are out during the day..nap a little during the day but forage, swim and dig around and play.
I'll be getting 2 ducklings in a few weeks. The night noise worries me. It sounds like if I crate them at night from an early age I might be able to curtail the night chatter. I'd love them to sleep through the night. I'm thinking it like a baby that wakes in the morning for first feeding. There will be no demand feeding here. lol

I'll be getting 2 ducklings in a few weeks. The night noise worries me. It sounds like if I crate them at night from an early age I might be able to curtail the night chatter. I'd love them to sleep through the night. I'm thinking it like a baby that wakes in the morning for first feeding. There will be no demand feeding here. lol
Young ducklings should have access to heat, food, & water 24/7. Can you do that in a crate?

ive noticed as soon as my birds go into the coop at night the chickens fall right to sleep, the goose is always awake, and sometimes the duck is awake sometimes she is asleep. so do ducks sleep the whole night through like chickens or do they tay awake through part of it like geese? and do the sleep with their head tucked in their wings?
Sometimes tucked and sometimes not, but they seldom sleep the whole night without having waking periods where they walk around.

Back
Top Bottom