Do hens crow?

CandaceWallace

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 7, 2013
So I was sitting in my living room at 6am and heard a "crow" come from my coop?! Could one of my girls be a he? Or do hens make that noise as well? They are all around 6 months old and I can't see any huge difference in them. Two are larger then the others, but that's about all.

I had two hens who crowed but laid eggs. Sadly we couldn't keep them because of that.
hit.gif
So, yes it's possible. What breeds are they?

We have two Wyandottes, two Plymouth Barred Rocks, and one Americana. Problem is I have no idea which one did it! Hope the neighbor doesn't hear. Need to get up that early again and watch them closely, see if I can figure out who did it.

So I was sitting in my living room at 6am and heard a "crow" come from my coop?! Could one of my girls be a he? Or do hens make that noise as well? They are all around 6 months old and I can't see any huge difference in them. Two are larger then the others, but that's about all.
Pics, please!

All of my hens are extremely noisy. An example is this easter egger I found crowing on youtube!
Uuhh, that hen didn't crow, she just vocalized. Commonly called the egg song. NOT crowing. big difference.

Candace, it's highly unlikely a 6 month old hen is crowing, especially of those breeds. Post pics when you can and we'll confirm, but I'm thinking one pic will be an Easter egger rooster.

Back
Top Bottom