Do I assist, 36 hours after external pip?

Ducky2021

Chirping
Mar 20, 2021
It will have been 37 hours since external pip until I get home from work. My neighbour has sent me a pic of my duck egg and it’s made no progress since this morning.
mid I get home and not much more has happened, when should I intervene?

The same thing happened to me. Watching the egg since 7am to 2pm and chick tryting to push through but couldn't. In the end, we gently cracked the top layer of shell near the pip and peeled it off, maybe check if the membrane is white or yellow, if white, brush on some water to the membrane...

Helping it out doesn't always work out, luckily the chick in my case survived, but it might not... Do a bit more studying first before you make a move. Good luck

It will have been 37 hours since external pip until I get home from work. My neighbour has sent me a pic of my duck egg and it’s made no progress since this morning.
mid I get home and not much more has happened, when should I intervene?
I'd help the little guy out at the 40 hour mark. Use this very helpful guide by @Pyxis.

So I peeled back the shell slightly from where he had broken it. I saw some being so put him back in. I can now see him yawning so he obviously wasn’t ready. I hope he’ll be okay. My other egg looks like it pipped internal abs died 😭

Back
Top Bottom