Do I have a boy and a girl? (Serama/Serama mixes)

GuessWhat

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 5, 2014
Somewhere in the USA
So finally my search paid off and I bought two little seramas. Person says she does not know the genders but I'm pretty sure the little orange chickie a girl and I'm pretty sure the little cream chickie is too.
But "she" the cream chickie does have a brighter and slightly larger comb. "Her" tail is different than the orange chickie too.
It would be kind of nice if the little cream chickie was a boy, so either way I would be happy.
I'm guessing they are about a month or two old. Maybe younger or older? Breeder didn't say.

I'm not sure if anyone would be able to give me an answer or a guess just yet.
If that's the case I'll post pictures of them when they are older.

My apologies if pictures aren't great. I relay on an iphone 4 camera.

Anyways,
Meet Button (Cream chick) and Pumpkin (Orange chick)!!
They are serama mixes.

Last edited:
That's still way too light a comb to be a boy on the cream chickie, especially in a breed like Serama where the boys are obvious very, very early. You got yourself two lovely girls!
highfive.gif

Sweet! Any guesses to how old they might be? Are my age guesses pretty good?
I kinda figured they were both girls as the lady had another that she showed me and said was slightly younger than the two but this one had a bigger and brighter comb and wattle then even the cream chickie. I should have bought that one too. But she didn't tell me about that one till I arrived and I only carried enough on me for gas and the two I bought! I texted her to see if she still had that lil fella as I'd like to get him too now xD
They are very very cute and extremely loving lil guys.

Last edited:
My bantams were fully feathered by three weeks and nearly so by two, so I would guess it was 3-4 weeks old.

I was just wondering because if they were your only girls it wouldn't be good to get a boy because he would mate with them too often and hurt them.

I took the into mind.
I'd be keeping a close eye on them and a friend of mine recommended chicken saddles to help prevent feather loss when rooster tries to breed them.
^_^

Back
Top Bottom