Do I have a fertile egg?

raising the duckling for a few weeks, then leaving them isn't the best idea-- what breed do you think they are? You mentioned other ducks and ducklings in the woods, do they look like mallards, wood ducks, muscovies, any idea?
There are only mallard ducks out there so the egg is from a mallard. What do you suggest I do? You don’t think it could integrate in with the other ducks admen ducklings?

There are only mallard ducks out there so the egg is from a mallard. What do you suggest I do? You don’t think it could integrate in with the other ducks admen ducklings?
it's possible, but we have to be very conscious of the law too- as previously mentioned, it could be illegal to have them in possession, even if it's temporary. You'd also have to prevent them imprinting on you, so they grow up understanding theyre ducks and not being dependant on humans.
If you do some searching online, facebook etc you might possibly have a wildlife rescue/centre/rehabber not too far from you-it's worth having a good long look, that's your best option.

it's possible, but we have to be very conscious of the law too- as previously mentioned, it could be illegal to have them in possession, even if it's temporary. You'd also have to prevent them imprinting on you, so they grow up understanding theyre ducks and not being dependant on humans.
If you do some searching online, facebook etc you might possibly have a wildlife rescue/centre/rehabber not too far from you-it's worth having a good long look, that's your best option.
I have no idea what to do. Unfortunately they don’t have that here. I’ve been researching online and can’t find anything like a rehab or rescue here. Im in Denmark visiting my fiancé snd he says that doesn’t exist unless its endangered species etc.

I bought a thermometer and hygrometer combo device today. Since I have a homemade incubator I want to make sure the heat is where it should be. I think thats why my egg is developing slowly because of temperature issues.

(JUNE 30th) Its gotten much darker inside within a day and I can barely see what’s going on. Any thoughts? Maybe I need a stronger flashlight.

Attachments

• BE9E901D-83B2-42CA-AB45-88B9FC26323A.jpeg
    BE9E901D-83B2-42CA-AB45-88B9FC26323A.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 8FC01FFA-D83A-4D6F-A325-5AA8A78C47D1.jpeg
    8FC01FFA-D83A-4D6F-A325-5AA8A78C47D1.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom