Do I have a fertile egg?

Tried candling but im not seeing the circle with the dot anymore. I see like some dark moving inside when I turn it but I think that may be the yolk?
the thing is, the baby wont just disappear- it was in there so will still be in there.
When an egg stops developing, you usually see the blood vessels broken down into a line, this is called the blood ring. I don't see that here, so I'm thinking that might not be the case. It is possible that it is just harder to see the embryo.
Are you turning the egg, and how often? It's best to turn it 3 or 5 times a day.

the thing is, the baby wont just disappear- it was in there so will still be in there.
When an egg stops developing, you usually see the blood vessels broken down into a line, this is called the blood ring. I don't see that here, so I'm thinking that might not be the case. It is possible that it is just harder to see the embryo.
Are you turning the egg, and how often? It's best to turn it 3 or 5 times a day.
Perhaps you’re right. If there is a blood line will it be moving or does it stay in one spot? I turn the egg maybe 3-5 times a day.

The temperature in my incubator is reading 101. Is that a problem?

The temperature in my incubator is reading 101. Is that a problem?
that's okay I think- this is a DIY incubator isn't it? No fan built in? If there is no air circulation, it is a still air incubator- which runs at a higher temperature. So you should be fine. I'm unable to look this up right now to double check, but I think the temp for still air incubators is 102. I *think*. Being just under that wont hurt anything, but may cause a slightly slower development. 101 should be fine.

that's okay I think- this is a DIY incubator isn't it? No fan built in? If there is no air circulation, it is a still air incubator- which runs at a higher temperature. So you should be fine. I'm unable to look this up right now to double check, but I think the temp for still air incubators is 102. I *think*. Being just under that wont hurt anything, but may cause a slightly slower development. 101 should be fine.
Yes its diy. Card board boxed with a heating pad inside and then close up. Still air incubator no built in fans.

Very hard to see inside this egg. I have no idea what’s happening or if its still developing. (If you see a circle on the egg thats because I marked it for turning purposes). Any thoughts? I have a video but im not sure how to attach it here. I would like someone to see the video so you can see what it looks like as im turning and doing my best to candle! This egg if fertile (which people say it is) has been developing slowly maybe its been my temperature or humidity because I found this egg June 23rd and didn’t start “properly” (or so I thought was proper) incubating until maybe June 24th or 25th. Its hard to stabilize humidity in a homemade incubator! Is humidity very important In the early stages of an egg? Also I think the air cell has grown a bit since yesterday I want to say.

Attachments

• B2B3E111-FC90-4718-AAAC-D277C16C8816.jpeg
    B2B3E111-FC90-4718-AAAC-D277C16C8816.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 371F9603-B93A-4A62-948D-672FA33CCBF9.jpeg
    371F9603-B93A-4A62-948D-672FA33CCBF9.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 6
Very hard to see inside this egg. I have no idea what’s happening or if its still developing. (If you see a circle on the egg thats because I marked it for turning purposes). Any thoughts? I have a video but im not sure how to attach it here. I would like someone to see the video so you can see what it looks like as im turning and doing my best to candle! This egg if fertile (which people say it is) has been developing slowly maybe its been my temperature or humidity because I found this egg June 23rd and didn’t start “properly” (or so I thought was proper) incubating until maybe June 24th or 25th. Its hard to stabilize humidity in a homemade incubator! Is humidity very important In the early stages of an egg? Also I think the air cell has grown a bit since yesterday I want to say.
Im interested to see the video- you'll have to post it on youtube or something similar, and then put the link here, though.
Humidity isn't as important in the early stages as temperature is, but both can ultimately affect development

Im interested to see the video- you'll have to post it on youtube or something similar, and then put the link here, though.
Humidity isn't as important in the early stages as temperature is, but both can ultimately affect development
What do you think about the video?

Back
Top Bottom