Do I have a micro duckling?

Hi Everybody.

Original poster here just checking in with an update for anyone who might be interested.

My littlest duckling that I wrote about is still with us! She's a bit over 2 weeks old now. The curled foot problem does appear to be correcting itself. She's walking on it and running if need be. She still sits down a bit more than the other ducklings, though.

But she's still quite small compared with her siblings. Pictures below give you an idea of the difference. She is eating and drinking though. The larger ducklings do NOT hog all the food for themselves, so she dines with everyone else. She is growing, just at a much slower pace, and she seems a happy little peeper. It's just sad that her brothers and sisters can climb into the kiddie pool now, but she can't get over the rim yet. So she just sits to the side by herself and watches all forlorn.

Her name is Ruth, BTW. After RBG, who also may be diminutive, but oh so awesome.
Ducklings2.jpg

Ducklings1.jpg

Last edited:
I have 3 little girl ducklings right now and I have a tiny little one with a curled up foot as well. I made her a shoe and gave her B complex and it seemed to turn her around and mostly straightened up her foot so she can at least walk flat footed. Sounds like we have similar ducklings. Mine are only 10 days old.

Attachments

• 20190506_141915.jpg
    20190506_141915.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190508_104718.jpg
    20190508_104718.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 20190508_104812.jpg
    20190508_104812.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
I have 3 little girl ducklings right now and I have a tiny little one with a curled up foot as well. I made her a shoe and gave her B complex and it seemed to turn her around and mostly straightened up her foot so she can at least walk flat footed. Sounds like we have similar ducklings. Mine are only 10 days old.
Pekins right....

Back
Top Bottom