Do I have a Quail poop problem?

Sunrise eggs

Hatching
Jul 30, 2016
GA

Ok, I have been doing reading about poop.

I have 9 different kinds of Quail all NPIP monitored.

But I have some baby Quails that have loose poop some even look like water with a brown spot in the middle. I have wormed them with Wazine 17. Now I have them on Corid.
I'm kinda lost at this point. They are eating and drinking, but they sit around puffed up and they don't feel that fat. I have lost a few Gamble Quail babies they stopped eating and drinking lost weight and died. So could it be something I'm missing?

As of right now I have all my chicks outside with a heat lamp at night on one end on the cage. I clean there feeder, water, and cage daily. I have them on Parina wild game bird Chow (starter). They get cucumber a few times a week but I don't over do it.

I have a few young adult quail with brown water poop as well.

I'm new to backyard chickens. I have just started raining Quail this past spring.
I must say I love the little birds.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I have been doing reading about poop.

I have 9 different kinds of Quail all NPIP monitored.

But I have some baby Quails that have loose poop some even look like water with a brown spot in the middle. I have wormed them with Wazine 17. Now I have them on Corid.
I'm kinda lost at this point. They are eating and drinking, but they sit around puffed up and they don't feel that fat. I have lost a few Gamble Quail babies they stopped eating and drinking lost weight and died. So could it be something I'm missing?

As of right now I have all my chicks outside with a heat lamp at night on one end on the cage. I clean there feeder, water, and cage daily. I have them on Parina wild game bird Chow (starter). They get cucumber a few times a week but I don't over do it.

I have a few young adult quail with brown water poop as well.

I'm new to backyard chickens. I have just started raining Quail this past spring.
I must say I love the little birds.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't feed the chicks anything but game bird for the first 4 weeks 28% or better also I would leave the heat lamp on 24/7 if they are puff up they may just be cold it needs to be around 90 to 95 in the brooder under the light.

Your light setup and food sounds like it should be fine, but since you mentioned cage, maybe the need to be in a box or container so that there is less draft through the brooding cage.

They shouldn't really feel fat yet, I don't think, but sitting around puffed up implies cold, and if they're cold often, maybe they are susceptible to other nutrition and illnesses also as they may not eat and drink right.

Back
Top Bottom