Do I have A Roo??

CoopDelisle

Songster
11 Years
Feb 26, 2008
Gulf Coast
After I ordered my 15 chicks and had them going just perfectly fine thank you, we went to the feed store and there were baby EEs. Of course you know we had to pick some. So we got 5 new chicks. (Wouldn't you?) Now they are two weeks old. I have been suspicious about one of these supposed pullets. The 6 week old EE pullets we have already (3) barely have anything where a comb would be. But this two week old that has been chest-butting with the others looks kinda different. Please tell me what you think....the photo does not really show how pink it is.
roo010.jpg

roo008.jpg

Oh I thought so. At only two weeks old, that was sure a big pink comb to me! I just hope he is a friendly guy. I won't mind so much having a roo with nineteen pullets. (I think!) I think he will be pretty; I only have dark chicks so far and it seems he will be black and white. Thanks.

I raise Ameraucanas off and on and that is what I like to see, a boy who declares himself early on, LOL. The very wide comb at that age and already turning pink to boot is a definite boy. See, like this 4 week old blue Ameraucana:
DCP_7049.jpg

Oh yeah, baby--I got me a lil' roo-man! I have one other one that I am watching, but this one is definitely different from the others. I guess the feed stores are prime targets for slipping a few pullets with too much testosterone in!

Back
Top Bottom