do i have all of the right information on peafowl

Gerald- Are you saying that you consider chicken wire to be safe against predators?

Not at all, only against certain types as mentioned, I stated that because there was no mention of the predators found in their area. It will stop non destructive ones if properly stretched and stitched. I use it for my roofs but on the sides I use 4inch goat wire,I also put the chicken netting on the bottom parts of my ground (brood) pens over the 4 inch so the little ones cant get out.

Gerald Barker

Sorry about that. I thought the original post was about giving a guide to new pea owners. I also use chicken wire as a top on some of my pens and so far its worked.

Sorry about that.  I thought the original post was about giving a guide to new pea owners.  I also use chicken wire as a top on some of my pens and so far its worked.

I stretch it very tight with hand clamps and then hand sew it with lacing wire very tedious but effective. I watched a sharp shinned hawk dive into it and all I saw was a puff of feathers and he bounced about 5 foot into the air, hit the ground, gathered himself and then flew off.

Gerald Barker

Last edited:
That's great. I've never seen mine challenged, but hopefully it is having the same results, all I know is that in the ten or so years its been up, I have had no predator loses. I live very close to wooded areas and I enjoy the wildlife, I just don't want them eating my "wildlife".

Back
Top Bottom