Do i have another rooster? 8 week old Ancona

jaybyrdsfarm

Songster
Apr 25, 2021
Apex NC
Got this chick from a pullet run of Anconas. She is about 8 weeks old. Im worried the picking up of her comb ( just a bit) is meaning she is a he and then I have 2 roosters for only 10 hens :(

Thoughts? Pics are from about a week ago so she would have been about 7 weeks. Comb looks the same. I know they have large combs.

And pardon the destroyed dog toy behind, I hadn't picked it up after the dogs.

Jaybyrd

Attachments

• 20210722_121320.jpg
    20210722_121320.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210722_121321.jpg
    20210722_121321.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 56
Sometimes roos will be fine, and sometimes they won't. They will be best friends sometimes, even if theres only two hens. you'll probably have to wait and see when they get older. If their not raised together there might be a problem.

Sometimes roos will be fine, and sometimes they won't. They will be best friends sometimes, even if theres only two hens. you'll probably have to wait and see when they get older. If their not raised together there might be a problem.
The first roo ( Roosteria... was Rosarita but then she became a he) grew up with the first set of hens and rhe second possible roo ( Elizabeth.. Will have to figure out a new name if we are a boy ) came about 2 months later. They all actually are integrated together outside. The original 8 stay together and the newer 4 stay together.

It still looks a little like a pullet.....
Yeah and from what research I have done says that Anconas can have larger combs it is the little bit of pink that has me worried.

Might be an excuse for chicken math? Guess it is a waiting game. See if he she crows? My confirmed rooster still does a horrible choking gag sounding crow.

Back
Top Bottom