Do I have any pullets?

beth1004

Songster
Feb 11, 2018
Duluth, GA
These Silkies are approximately 6 months old. Can you tell from the pictures
IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0115.JPG
if I have any pullets and if so, how many? Any help would be appreciated? I'll try and post pics of each individually in the next day or so when I have help holding then to get clear shots.

I am not super experienced but I think so. Especially if your profile pic is of your chicks.

The one in the 2nd pic on the right looks to be a roo. There is a good thread on here that talks specifically about sexing silkies. It has nice pics too.

No one is crowing yet?

For my silkies the way they stand is pretty reliable. The boys are much more upright and looking around. Looking around higher not just at the ground.

There are also overall differences in the shape of their feathering that you could probably see by now.

Pictures of their whole body from the side view could be helpful.

They are super adorable though. :)

@kumquat posted good advice! I'll take a shot at it, though, and guess their genders. :D
Okay, (in the first picture) I'm guessing the one on the left to be a pullet, the one on the right to be a cockerel, and the one in the back to be a pullet...(but maybe a cockerel, as well). The one on the right I noticed has a slight different more 'pronounced' tail than the other two (the other two seem to just have a round pom-pom for a tail back there, ha ha! :lol:).
They're so beautiful and fluffy, though! :drool :eek: :love

I definitely have 2 crowing. Just hope all 4 aren't roosters.
I am not super experienced but I think so. Especially if your profile pic is of your chicks.

The one in the 2nd pic on the right looks to be a roo. There is a good thread on here that talks specifically about sexing silkies. It has nice pics too.

No one is crowing yet?

For my silkies the way they stand is pretty reliable. The boys are much more upright and looking around. Looking around higher not just at the ground.

There are also overall differences in the shape of their feathering that you could probably see by now.

Pictures of their whole body from the side view could be helpful.

They are super adorable though. :)

2 are crowing. No one is laying eggs though.

I definitely have 2 crowing. Just hope all 4 aren't roosters.

2 are crowing. No one is laying eggs though.

What is their day like? Where are the places they go? When I first got silkies I let them hang out in my garden during the day. I thought they weren't laying until the fateful day I was picking tomatoes and found 37 eggs in amongst the tomato plants.

Back
Top Bottom