do i have Hens or Roosters? and what kind are they? so many questions - please help

i suppose there's a possibility, but those tail feathers are really curved and i usually have a pretty good instinct for these things...
hmm.png

main tail feather curved at the end, thicker legs, sometimes brighter colors, pointed feathers on wing bar, hackle and saddle, early pinking of the comb and wattles, different carriage from the pullets... you raise enough chicks you'll get a sense for these things. for fun i predict day olds and actually get a pretty good percentage correct. :)

here's some pictures that might help.
5 week old cockerel:

5 week old pullet:

As day olds. Left is the black, middle is the white and fawn. far right was also a pullet.

just curious, why do you think the red on the left is a male? i have 8 i just hatched and all of them have developed the same as far as the feathers and tails growing. i always thought the males at that age were a lot slower in feather and tail development. the one on the fair left as a pretty long tail. im just curious about what to look for so i can tell my apart and get rid of a few.

some breed have fast feathering females but not all. the slight curve and point on the end of the tail usually indicates a roo. not always though. sometimes the only way to be entirely positive is to wait for a crow or an egg!

intressting... i still hope for a hen. :)
and i guess you with 8 of them lookng like that- i hope for you as well ;)\
thanks so much,,,, i guess i have to wait 5 more month...

Back
Top Bottom