Do I have Indian Runners?

mrslola617

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 10, 2014
Hi everyone!

I'm still pretty new to the duck world. Back in May we bought 2 ducklings from a feed store and were told they were "most likely" Indian Runner ducks.

When I see pics of other Indian Runners, they seem taller and more upright than my ducks. But my ducks' coloring looks like some of the Indian Runners...

Can anyone tell from these pics if I have Indian Runners?

Also, I'm almost positive I have 2 females (for sure at least 1 because I just started finding eggs 2 days ago). Neither duck has that little curl and both have loud quacks...so is it safe to assume I have 2 females?

Thanks in advance for any help!
[/IMG]

The one in the back looks like a Runner to me, not so sure about the one in the front. However, I'm far from an expert on this breed, and I'm sure others will chime in.

As far as the other part goes, drakes don't always have a distinct drake feather by four months old, but if they're both definitely quacking, they're both hens.

The one in the back looks like a Runner to me, not so sure about the one in the front. However, I'm far from an expert on this breed, and I'm sure others will chime in.

As far as the other part goes, drakes don't always have a distinct drake feather by four months old, but if they're both definitely quacking, they're both hens.
The brown one will stand up like the white one...maybe this pic will help.

Last edited:
one in back im 99% sure its a runner, not sure on one in front doesnt look upright enough to be a runner but i am no expert i know a bit about a few breeds but not all.

Back
Top Bottom