Do I have pullets or cockerels or both?

ncomp

Chirping
May 26, 2021
Central California, US
Hi All,

First-time chicken keeper here, and I purchased a flock of 6 day-old "hens" from McMurray Hatchery, plus the one "mystery chick." I completely understand that sexing chicks is difficult, but I live in a subdivision and I am nervous that I'm ending up with more than the one possible roo I was expecting to have. Any guesses? I've got two Silver Phoenix "female," two Ameraucana "females," two Whiting True Blue "females," and a "mystery chick" that I actually believe is a Dark Brahma female. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. They are currently 7 weeks old. My flock.

The all white and all black are ameraucanas; the white with grey flecks and the brown with gold are whiting true blue, the grey and gold smaller ones are phoenixes, and the big gray one I think is the dark brahma.

Thank you for your time. What a wonderful wealth of knowledge this place is!

Hi All,

First-time chicken keeper here, and I purchased a flock of 6 day-old "hens" from McMurray Hatchery, plus the one "mystery chick." I completely understand that sexing chicks is difficult, but I live in a subdivision and I am nervous that I'm ending up with more than the one possible roo I was expecting to have. Any guesses? I've got two Silver Phoenix "female," two Ameraucana "females," two Whiting True Blue "females," and a "mystery chick" that I actually believe is a Dark Brahma female. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. They are currently 7 weeks old. My flock.

The all white and all black are ameraucanas; the white with grey flecks and the brown with gold are whiting true blue, the grey and gold smaller ones are phoenixes, and the big gray one I think is the dark brahma.

Thank you for your time. What a wonderful wealth of knowledge this place is!
pullets so far...

Back
Top Bottom