Relynn

Songster
Apr 29, 2017
So, I went to a hatchery close to my house, and I got 2 black star sex-links, 2 barred rocks and two that were supposed to be French Cuckoo Marans. Well I believe one of those Marans is a BCM, because it is all black with just white feathers under the wings. I am starting to think both of the last two are roosters. They are now almost 13 weeks, and the silkie that I know is a rooster, because he has been crowing since yesterday keeps chasing them out of the coop. He won't be doing that much longer as they are getting bigger than my small silkies. I cannot keep any of the chickens that are roosters, because they are not allowed where I live. Please let me know what you think.

IMG_4423.JPG

Barred Rock (left), French Cuckoo Maran, gray splash silkie rooster, and black silkie that I believe is a rooster...

IMG_4401.JPG

IMG_4395.JPG

French Cuckoo Maran...

IMG_4388.JPG
IMG_4387.JPG
IMG_4379.JPG
IMG_4378.JPG
IMG_4377.JPG
IMG_4373.JPG

Why I think she might be a he...
IMG_4393.JPG

I think this one is a BCM... it has copper feathers on it's hackles. Roo or Pullet?

IMG_4391.JPG

IMG_4409.JPG

This is my black silkie, and I am pretty sure he is a he... Just to be sure! Is he a he?? He is smaller than the splash gray one, but I think that since they are always jumping at each other when they first leave the coop that they are both Roo's. Which means they will both have to be relocated. The gray one has always been super sweet and loves to sit in your lap and get loved, the black one however runs like crazy.

IMG_4407.JPG
IMG_4405.JPG
IMG_4396.JPG
IMG_4380.JPG

Just guessing from your 2nd picture....The BOs & Sex Linked look like pullets, the FCM a cockerel as well as the Silkies. It's hard to make out the hackle & saddle feathering on the black ones but in the 2nd pic the combs are lighter than the FCM. Wait for the crow cause mistakes have been made with this guessing game :)

Just guessing from your 2nd picture....The BOs & Sex Linked look like pullets, the FCM a cockerel as well as the Silkies. It's hard to make out the hackle & saddle feathering on the black ones but in the 2nd pic the combs are lighter than the FCM. Wait for the crow cause mistakes have been made with this guessing game :)

Thank you, I will take the 3 in to the bird farm where they find homes for roosters, and I will wait on the black one for a crow.

So, I went to a hatchery close to my house, and I got 2 black star sex-links, 2 barred rocks and two that were supposed to be French Cuckoo Marans. Well I believe one of those Marans is a BCM, because it is all black with just white feathers under the wings. I am starting to think both of the last two are roosters. They are now almost 13 weeks, and the silkie that I know is a rooster, because he has been crowing since yesterday keeps chasing them out of the coop. He won't be doing that much longer as they are getting bigger than my small silkies. I cannot keep any of the chickens that are roosters, because they are not allowed where I live. Please let me know what you think.

View attachment 1042981
Barred Rock (left), French Cuckoo Maran, gray splash silkie rooster, and black silkie that I believe is a rooster...

View attachment 1042982

View attachment 1042983
French Cuckoo Maran...

View attachment 1042984 View attachment 1042985 View attachment 1042986 View attachment 1042987 View attachment 1042988 View attachment 1042989
Why I think she might be a he...
View attachment 1042990
I think this one is a BCM... it has copper feathers on it's hackles. Roo or Pullet?

View attachment 1042991

View attachment 1042993
This is my black silkie, and I am pretty sure he is a he... Just to be sure! Is he a he?? He is smaller than the splash gray one, but I think that since they are always jumping at each other when they first leave the coop that they are both Roo's. Which means they will both have to be relocated. The gray one has always been super sweet and loves to sit in your lap and get loved, the black one however runs like crazy.

View attachment 1042994 View attachment 1042995 View attachment 1042996 View attachment 1042997

Anyone looking for a cuckoo maran roo or a silkie roo? Lol

Back
Top Bottom