Do I have Seramas or Japs? PHOTOS!

I absolutely LOVE my japanese!! L-O-V-E T-H-E-M! Funny thing, we just happened to pick up 3 chicks at TSC this past Easter. And, 2 turned out to be the 2 japanese BTW roosters in my pictures and one was a buff black tailed japanese hen that died from cocci. It was really cool watching them grow and change. We knew absolutely NOTHING about chickens then (or this site) so it was a real guessing game as to what we had. One day we got lucky and a friend of ours enlightened us. Then, I found this fantastic site and have educated myself on the breed.

I, too, have seen pictures of Seramas that looked so close to the japanese. There are differences though, but you have to almost be an expert to know. Enjoy your japanese. I sure do love mine. So much, that I also have 12 little japanese chicks running around............
lau.gif

Quote:
Aww! Mine are little brats and the rooster is a horny little thing. Poor Betty is about to have a bald spot so I may have to break them up!
hmm.png
They are hilarious to watch. I thought my roo had the most retarted crow until I got another serama pair (swear they are actually serama) and heard this roo's crow... he tries!!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom