Do I intervene or let them work it out?

A Renee

Chirping
Jul 17, 2022
Hi everyone,
I currently have nine ducks, two of which are males. They always got along just fine, but now that they’re over 4 months old they fight. Anytime they are together there is a brawl, and my Pekin injured the Rouen during their last fight. I had to keep Ralph in the hospital wing for two weeks! I have finally been able to bring him outside again, but I keep the two of them separated. Anytime I try to let them be together the fights starts up. I guess my question is, is this something that will eventually die down? Do I continue to keep them separated indefinitely? Am I supposed to let them fight it out? At what point do I intervene, do I intervene? I just hate having them separated, they stay at the fencing the whole time waiting to attack even being separated.

Drakes full of hormones. If one has already injured the other it's best to keep them separated many have to do this when having more than one drake. Keep them where they can see each other and hopefully once cool weather starts they can be together again.

Drakes full of hormones. If one has already injured the other it's best to keep them separated many have to do this when having more than one drake. Keep them where they can see each other and hopefully once cool weather starts they can be together again.
Thank you so very much. I appreciate your insight! I will keep them separated.

Back
Top Bottom