Do I keep eggs in incubator or give up?

Camsmum

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2020
I am really stressed. I think my eggs may have got too hot a few days ago while I waited for an incubator. Now I am torn between throwing out the eggs and worrying that they would have survived, or continuing with incubation and risking them being bad and exploding šŸ˜³šŸ˜³. I can see some veins but there are also black bits inside the eggs when I candle them. The shells are patchy with dark areas when viewed normally. I can't see any movement and they were due to hatch from next Monday. Help!!

If the eggs are rotten it will be a mess if they explode in the incubator. If you can post some candling pictures it would be best.
Yes but you can smell them before that happens. Trust me tried hatching goose eggs. You'll know before if they went bad before explosion.. Though if they seem dead when candling then yes don't leave them in if your 100 their dead

Yes but you can smell them before that happens. Trust me tried hatching goose eggs. You'll know before if they went bad before explosion.. Though if they seem dead when candling then yes don't leave them in if your 100 their dead
Ok, I believe you. Thankfully I've never had that happen but I've heard horror stories!

Some photos. I hope I didn't kill them when I accidentally overheated them the other day šŸ˜¢ Thank you everyone for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_230252.jpg
    IMG_20200608_230252.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200607_113714.jpg
    IMG_20200607_113714.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200607_100341.jpg
    IMG_20200607_100341.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 7
Some photos. I hope I didn't kill them when I accidentally overheated them the other day šŸ˜¢ Thank you everyone for looking.
That's a very dead egg, I'm sorry. :( You should definitely throw out the ones that look like this...
Way too high temps is about the most lethal thing for incubated eggs, unfortunately. Are all the eggs like this? Hopefully a few made it. :fl

Back
Top Bottom