Do I lock down??? HELP!!! IDK WHAT TO DO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfulcher

Songster
8 Years
May 24, 2011
Tucson, AZ 85712
Ok I have been reading through the forum all day..... Is locking down when you do not open the bator till they hatch? And if so, when do you do it? Can I do it with varied age eggs.... Will it kill the younger eggs if I do not turn them for awhile? Lay date was 06/07/11 for the first 3. idk what to do really... I have raised the humidity because they are close to hatch date apparently... 14-16 days incubation... Today is day 12 for the first 3. They are button quail eggs. Please help me!!!

you've definitely made it harder on yourself and the eggs by hatching staggerd hatches in the same incubator. many people will set eggs at different times in the same incubator, but most will use a separate area for hatching. You still need to turn the early eggs, and to keep the humidity at medium, don't want to damage your unhatched ones. get a mister bottle and fill it with hot water so that when you go to turn the eggs you can mist the eggs at the same time to keep humidity up. Good luck. It has worked well for me when i have had overlapping hatches.
sib

If your 'younger' eggs are at least 1 week incubation egg they will be fine without turning for a few days. But the other eggs would probably be just as fine without 'locking down'. You have to take quail chicks out of the incubator 12-24 hours after hatch anyway, so you never really do 'lockdown' quail eggs.

Quote:
sad.png
I had no choice in what age eggs to put in... My buttons laid them... Now everyone I talk to says that my humidity is too high DX I HOPE I HAVEN'T KILLED THEM!!!!!
he.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom