Do I look like a boy to you?!?

I agree with the boy thought.
As for leg color it is light, but I have noticed some light leg colored barred rocks, I guess it all depends on the breeding. I had some barred rock cross males hatch out and their comb didn't grow that fast, however my Black Copper Marans comb seemed to pop out of his head. lol.
Hopefully someone else would know. And isn't there a difference between Cuckroo and Barred? I haven't heard of Barred Marans.
Good luck!

Its a boy, and it may be dark because it is a Black Sex link male. I cross my RIR roo with BR hens, and all the boys look like that. I don't think there is any chance of it being a girl, not with a comb like that.

Where did you get him from? If a hatchery, what did you order?

Definitely a roo with a barred pattern not cuckoo, but it is rough enough that it could be a one gene of each. The color of the box you have him in doesn't look quite right so I'm guessing his legs are a little more yellow than they look like in the pic.

With the comb and leg size in proportion to that size body, I think it has to be a roo. Looks like a barred rock, but it could be a male sex-link.

Christina

Quote:
its really not... giving false hope is mean

I'm not giving out false hope.It looks henish to me.

You will never see a pullet with that much comb at 4wks. Even for large combed breeds, the girls don't have that much comb with that color at 4wks.

With my rocks, the legs were pale at a young age, and then they took the yellow color. And barred rocks hens are very dark at that age. So that would be considered bright.

Yours is a barred rock boy.

Here are barred rock girls at the same age. They are much darker.

36026_jacobpict3_439.jpg

Back
Top Bottom