1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. gallorojo

gallorojo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Southfarthing
    1) You don't need to dub any orientals.

2) Hens raised together and never separated will usually not kill each other.

3) Thai and Saipan are not APA accepted breeds, so you can't win any shows with them.

P.S. If you are thinking about getting any of these from Ideal, don't. They will be ok yard art or crock pot fare, but that's it. They are not the real deal.

2. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    Sent you a PM...

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Exacrtly as Gallorojo said. The whole point in Orientals and their pea combs is that you don't need to dub them, for both reasons (fighting or frostbite)

4. Dead Rabbit

Dead Rabbit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Virginia
    pea combs will still get frost bite and back few yrs when still legal to fight in the states, oriental types and thier pea combs were dubbed. other cultures dont dub theirs for fighting but they arent as serious about the act of cock fighting as they were in the states, central america and in the island countries around the world

5. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    nm

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  6. Oldhound

Oldhound Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    South Carolina
    As Gallorojo said, you don't Dub Orientals to show them at Poultry shows , State and County Fairs. If you did dub and enter those birds you would probably be Disqualified .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by