do i need to dub my orientals to show???

[email protected]

Songster
8 Years
Jun 29, 2011
alliance,oh
hi im thinking about getting aseel,thiland geme,malay or saipan jungle fowl (or get a couple breeds but build diffrent pens) but do i need to dub any of these in order to show and also can i get one rooster and 4 hens if i raise them from chicks or will the hens kill eachother?

1) You don't need to dub any orientals.

2) Hens raised together and never separated will usually not kill each other.

3) Thai and Saipan are not APA accepted breeds, so you can't win any shows with them.

P.S. If you are thinking about getting any of these from Ideal, don't. They will be ok yard art or crock pot fare, but that's it. They are not the real deal.

Exacrtly as Gallorojo said. The whole point in Orientals and their pea combs is that you don't need to dub them, for both reasons (fighting or frostbite)

pea combs will still get frost bite and back few yrs when still legal to fight in the states, oriental types and thier pea combs were dubbed. other cultures dont dub theirs for fighting but they arent as serious about the act of cock fighting as they were in the states, central america and in the island countries around the world

As Gallorojo said, you don't Dub Orientals to show them at Poultry shows , State and County Fairs. If you did dub and enter those birds you would probably be Disqualified .

Back
Top Bottom