Do I quarantine for prolapse?

My little black sex-link was small from the day I got her from the hatchery. She hangs back from the others and at least they don't peck at her. I keep trying to get her to drink more and added a few drops of apple cider vinegar to the water. I been adding electrolytes as well which I have since I received my 25 chicks a week ago. I'm wondering if I still should be? All the rest are doing well. I do I a cinnamon queen that has had a bit of dried poo the last day or so I've had to gently soak off with a Q-tip.

I can get pics of it next time she prolapses.

This morning her poos were very soft and she didn't prolapse, but since then they've all been the typical firmer poops and she prolapses every time. They aren't super firm, just those more solid poops are. She's eating and drinking fine, so I really don't know if constipation is the issue. :confused:

I'm extra paranoid because this is someone else's chick I'm raising, so this may be a stupid question, but what is the survival rate of this?
I have never had a hen with a prolapse, but based on what ive heard, as long as you keep following everyones instructions theres maybe a 70% chance it survives.

I have never had a hen with a prolapse, but based on what ive heard, as long as you keep following everyones instructions theres maybe a 70% chance it survives.
After a few days it just kept getting worse because she wouldn't stop messing with it. I talked to the person I was raising her for and we decided to put her down.

Back
Top Bottom