Do I trust LG Thermometer or Digital?

This is my experience:

Trust the Brinsea spotcheck over anything and everything. If you put your finger in boiling water next to the thermometer, trust the Spotcheck to tell you whether it hurts or not.

If you don't have one of those, I trust my LG one that I bought. (It's more accurate than Hova's and Wallyworlds') I calibrated it with my Genesi (Plural of genesis?) incubators and it checekd out.

That's just my opinion.
wink.png

I am using 4 right now. I dont have time to order a spot check one as I already have eggs in but maybe next time. I am using a digital acubrite from Walmart since so many on here suggested it. I have it inside the hole where the red plug goes in the back. I have it hanging and slightly resting on the top of a egg. I have had a pretty constant reading of 100.6-100.8 and I am happy with anything above 99.5 and below 102 so I think this method is working best for me. If its not to late. Seems to be a lot of different methods that work for people. I wish I had found this website before I bought my incubator. I have no intention on relying on my LG ones that came with my incubator and turner since they are both wrong. I will try the ice water and warm water methods later. I have opened the lid too many times on the first 24 hours as it is.

Quote:
That is the sweet thing about putting the sensor through the plug hole is you can pull it out use whatever method you want to check it and put it back in. Make sure you always put the sensor at the same elevation when putting it back through the hole. Other wise you get a diff reading. I use a piece of duct tape to hold it in place.

medical thermometers are your best bet and keeping your costs down, but again buy the best you can afford it will make a big difference

Quote:
That is the sweet thing about putting the sensor through the plug hole is you can pull it out use whatever method you want to check it and put it back in. Make sure you always put the sensor at the same elevation when putting it back through the hole. Other wise you get a diff reading. I use a piece of duct tape to hold it in place.

Do you tape it to a egg? What do you tape it to?

Quote:

The top of the bator next to the hole. This keeps it from sliding down lower which will give you a lower reading.

Quote:

The top of the bator next to the hole. This keeps it from sliding down lower which will give you a lower reading.

So is your sensor hanging free or do you have it resting on a egg? I keep moving it around because I find when I actually position it on top of a egg It never reaches above 97 degrees. Now when I just drop it thru the hole and allow it to hang at egg height, I seem to get a better reading? Also whic vent hold do you use? I cannot decide because the one in the back is so close to the heating elament ring.

Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom