Do I trust LG Thermometer or Digital?

artathart

Songster
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
So I have bought my 5th thermometer today. I got a digital one with Hygrometer with a thin little sensor that I have laying on the eggs. So my LG thermometer is reading at 102 degrees and my New digital one is reading at 97.5 so should I raise the temp or should I trust the LG one? I have no clue which one is right at this point because they are ALL different.

At what point are my eggs ruined? When I candle them in a week will I know then if I have a total loss from temp issues or will I have to wait the full 21 days?

With all honasty I do not trust the cheap thermometers that came with my

LG incubator. We lost our really good one, and had to buy another LG thermometer.

Most of my eggs have ruined this hatch, and the rest are developing very slow, due to

the low temps. The cheap thermometer is reading 100F and the better one is reading

95F. So its been 5 degrees to low this entire hatch. This is the worst hatch we've EVER had.

SC

Last edited:
I have one LG reading 98 degrees and the other LG reading 101. One on the left and one on the right. My new digital one from Walmart has not risen about 96-97 degrees in over an hour. How do you guys do this? I dont have a single thremomter that is reading the same. This would be fine if maybe I have a 5-10 degree temp window but I dont. I am getting discouraged and frustrated when I should be enjoying this expieriment.

I am not enjoying it.....I am worrying.

Get yourself a regular glass thermometer. Stick it in ice water. If it says 32 degrees compare it to your other thermometer to see which one is close to right. If it is off get another that is right.
thermometer.jpg

Last edited:
The ice water does work but there is about a 68 degree difference to where you want to be accurate. The best way to test imo is fill a cup with warm water out of the faucet. Put thermometer in water and let sit a few mins. Take a human thermometer like you would check your own temp with and put it in water with your bator thermometer. I did this with an acurite digital with sensor, i put the sensor in water. They both red 103.2 This is just my opinion. Other ways may work just fine. This method just works best for me.

Take the LG thermometer out of the bator. Walk slowly to the kitchen. Open the trash can, and hurl the LG thermometer into it with appropriate invective. If you find yourself drawing a blank, PM me and I'll give you my spare LG thermometer invectives.

I think it's all down to cost. If you buy cheap or are using the thermometer that came with the incubator then you might get the temp wrong. I would always buy the best you could afford as it will be a lot more accurate.

Back
Top Bottom