3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
With the Blue Australorp male:

With Black Langshan: 50% Blue, 50% Black. Featherfooted.

With a French Cuckoo Marans -- Sex-linked. 25% Blue females, 25% Black females, 25% Blue Cuckoo Males, 25% Cuckoo males. All feathered feet.

With a Callifornia White -- I have no clue. Breed is not in the Kippenjungle calculator.

With a Mottled Java -- I have no clue. Breed is not in the calculator.

With a Silver-Laced Cochin -- Not sex-linked. 50% Blue, 50% Black. Feathered feet.

With a Lavender Orpington x SLW -- Not Sex-linked. 50% Blue, 50% Black. Half split to lavender but no knowing which. I don't know about the comb.

(I'll actually keep the Black Langshan girl with the Black Langshan male, but I did the cross just for the sake of completeness and understanding my genes.

Black Java is E extended black, so you will get 50% blue, 50% black, all carrying split 50/50 mottled. With feather legs Marans crosses, depends. I have some Marans-Welsummer crosses who are clean legged.

A lav orp x slw all chicks will be split to lavender is slw a silver laced wyandotte or splashe laced wyandotte? If silver all chicks will be black no blue

With the Blue Australorp male:

With Black Langshan: 50% Blue, 50% Black. Featherfooted.

Correct.

With a French Cuckoo Marans -- Sex-linked. 25% Blue females, 25% Black females, 25% Blue Cuckoo Males, 25% Cuckoo males. All feathered feet.

Sounds right.

With a Callifornia White -- I have no clue. Breed is not in the Kippenjungle calculator.

Again, pretty sure Cali Whites are one copy of dominant White, so you would get 25% Blue, 25% Black, 25% White with blue flecks, and 25% White with black flecks. Sometimes they don't have the flecks, though, so you may just end up with solid White and not know who has Blue and who doesn't.

With a Mottled Java -- I have no clue. Breed is not in the calculator.

As the other poster said, 50% Blue and 50% Black, all carrying mottled without expressing it.

With a Silver-Laced Cochin -- Not sex-linked. 50% Blue, 50% Black. Feathered feet.

Sounds right.

With a Lavender Orpington x SLW -- Not Sex-linked. 50% Blue, 50% Black. Half split to lavender but no knowing which. I don't know about the comb.

Correct; I explained the comb on the other thread, but you should get a 50-50 split of single comb and rose comb offspring with this hen as the mother.

A lav orp x slw all chicks will be split to lavender is slw a silver laced wyandotte or splashe laced wyandotte? If silver all chicks will be black no blue

Silver-Laced Wyandotte -- I suppose I should have been less coloquial and more accurate, calling their mothers Black-Laced Silver Wyandotte.

I know that my 4 black girls from that cross are split to lavender. Their chicks, whichever rooster they mate to, can only be 50% split to lavender. :)

Again, pretty sure Cali Whites are one copy of dominant White, so you would get 25% Blue, 25% Black, 25% White with blue flecks, and 25% White with black flecks. Sometimes they don't have the flecks, though, so you may just end up with solid White and not know who has Blue and who doesn't.

Chipotle had only a few flecks of black her first year and has developed more flecks now that she's had a molt. So maybe it would show eventually?

Correct; I explained the comb on the other thread, but you should get a 50-50 split of single comb and rose comb offspring with this hen as the mother.

Thank you.

Chipotle had only a few flecks of black her first year and has developed more flecks now that she's had a molt. So maybe it would show eventually?

My experience keeping birds with one copy of dominant White is that their flecks seem to change slightly with every molt, so that is a distinct possibility!

Glad I could help! 😊

Silver-Laced Wyandotte -- I suppose I should have been less coloquial and more accurate, calling their mothers Black-Laced Silver Wyandotte.

I know that my 4 black girls from that cross are split to lavender. Their chicks, whichever rooster they mate to, can only be 50% split to lavender. :)

Thank you.
Oh you mean the offspring of a lav/slw mix would be half split. Ok yeah then that would be correct

Back
Top Bottom